Friday, August 3, 2012

Minor Disaster

On Aug 1 I spent over an hour getting caught up on some of the places we had eaten, While "proof" reading I hit some key, on the keyboard, and sent the message into cyberspace. I have tried everything, I know, to retrieve it but have failed in every attempt. I'm sure it is in the computer, somewhere, but how to get it onto my Blog is beyond my capability.
I know that I mentioned, in detail, the Lobster Rolls at "Bonefish" The Vietnamiese crepe at the "Saigon Cafe" and the bread pudding at "La Poste". All are well worth the visit.
"Vito's Cafe" was a mixed bag with good food and poor service and "mucho" noise and activities.

Wednsday night we had our first visit to "Mayberry Restaurant" 1211 Main St. Cincinnati (513) 381-5999, they do take reservations. There was a very small crowd inside and we did not venture on to the outside dining area. Our server was most attentive and helpful. The have a small, adventuous menu and seem to specialize of draft beers, mostly of the IPA( India Pale Ale) varity.
The two women had salads while I split an order of Bacon wrapped figs served with a fresh berry sauce, wonderful. I also had 2 sides, Buffalo Mac N Cheese, mostly cubed chicken breast in a spicy sauce and steamed Cauliflower mixed with Feta cheese and finely chopped fresh tomatos and sweet red peppers, an interesting presentation.
The other male ended with a large perfectly cooked tenderloin on a bed of truffle fried potatoes all top with a fried egg.
We'll probably try again as our server said that the menu changes often reflecting what is available, daily, at Finley Market.
Hope this posting makes it "on line"

No comments: