Friday, August 12, 2011

Addendum

Jason Hirschhorn, our Grandson, wrote the last posting about "Orchids" which he also pictured, a first for "Let's Eat Out". Nothing he said could quite cover all our feelings at being together for this wonderful evening.
However, because he drinks "Shirley Temple's" while Marilyn has Cranberry Juice and Club Soda I feel I would be remiss if I didn't list the wonderful wines which I was served as "pairings".

My libations started with a crisp White Burgundy from, of course, the Macon region;
next came a light Pinot Noir from Oregon, to me the best area for this variety and finally,
a full bodied Chambertin, perfect for the duck and beef courses.

The whole evening was "over the top"and in my mind there is no place that compares with "Orchids" for the combination of food, service and ambiance. Finally the hotel Management has found food to go with the elegant setting.

No comments: