Monday, June 30, 2014

I need an 8 year old

Yesterday after returning from the Visitor Center, I sat now and wrote a long post. Really I did. More that half way through I did something that sent it into space, never to be seen again.
I'll try and recap, very briefly.

Ruth's Parkside Cafe 4101 Spring Grove Ave. 45223 (513) 542-7884. This 6 month old restaurant is in the old American Can Co. building which is now commercial and residential. It is run by the people who operated Mullain's Parkside Cafe, down town but has expanded their menu and in my opinion has a better Chef and a more interesting menu. They are open both lunch and dinner and the food was good and reasonable.
I had Cajun Catfish on a rice cake while Marilyn had a nice sized Lamb Shank with root vegetables. I ended with Cherry Pie, ala mode, for which I had been searching several months. Give it a try.

I also reported on two Meals at "Chins Gourmet", one of the best fish houses in town. One night it was Walleye, split for the two of us and the other Lobster( $18 on Tuesday night), for me, and Shrimp Lo Mien. Both nights we had sides of specially prepared vegetables. They are used to preparing food to special orders.

With another couple, and their 6 year old,  it was "Greyhound Tavern" in Fort Wight ( Dixie Hwy) for their family style Chicken dinners plus huge onion rings and draft beers( not the 6 year old or Marilyn).

I'll do another shortly but I think I have remembered how far I got, but in greater detail in the original.
Maybe this time it will get posted. It's been two interesting computer days.

No comments: