Thursday, November 22, 2007

Sung Korean Bistro

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted anything. My reason is that we have been involved with pressing family matters. This is by way of explanation to my three readers who are not family.
A week, or so ago, I had lunch with a good friend at Sung Korean Bistro, 700 Elm St., Cincinnati 45202. The restaurant occupies the space that was previously occupied by Aoli. It has been redone in a very attractive Korean mode, stressing red, white and black.
The menu is reasonably sized, at lunch, with the Dinner menu slightly larger. Lunch is priced from about $9 to $14. There is full bar service and the entrance is at street level so easily negotiated for all.
My friend and I each had a lunch served in a black lacquer box. There were two fried, stuffed dumplings, two thin pieces of a a sushi roll, a helping of white rice and a Korean Bar-B-Qued meat of your choice. the cost was $10. Tofu can be substituted for the meat. As a side there were three small portions of marinated vegetables; a very spicy cabbage, crisp seaweed and marinated radish and carrot.
The food was hot, attractive and tasty. I'll return and try it for dinner, probably before a CSO concert.

No comments: