Thursday, September 29, 2011

Not sure

I'm not sure how to proceed. I wrote the last time about a new diet, strongly suggested by my Cardiologist and being somewhat neurotic I have probably over done the control of salt content. This, of course, makes my "eating out" fairly bland and somewhat monotones. So hear is the dilemma, do I post what I am doing, what people I am with are eating or do I just take some time off and only write when there is really something special to report or my diet gets changed?

Anyway, we have been eating out less and here is what I have done since the last posting.
"Enoteca Emilia" 2038 Madison Road Cincinnati, OH 513-834-5773( although I have never gotten a live person to answer my call) was the spot Monday 9/19, a 3rd time for Marilyn and me. After a "Quartino", about 8 1/2 oz or a 1/4 of a 5th, of fine Barbera I settled for the Calamari and Shrimp salad, an excellent choice. Mine was large enough that it would have serficed for a light meal, however I added 2 small secures of lamb, only 4 pieces, total, but the secures also had some fingerling potato's and some slices of grilled sweet onion. The lamb was grilled perfectly, medium rare, and although this dish wasn't necessary it made a nice contrast to the salad. The table split and order of "Emilia's" wonderful Ricotta Fritters. The other three had the mushroom Ravioli, which on previous occasions had been great but that night was too heavily salted even for normal consumption. "Emilia" handled the situation well and we were all satisfied by the outcome.
"La Poste" 3410 Telford Ave, Clifton 513-281-3663. We went after an "open house" at CCM(UC) which served drinks and hors dorves. Marilyn and I both had the superb Grilled Pork Chops. Mine had no seasoning, none was needed , and Marilyn's had just enough, she reported, to bring out the flavor. The major difference in the two plates was that under hers were vegetables and polenta, with a sauce, while mine was on the vegetables without a starch or sauce. The meat was grilled to perfection and each chop provided protein for another meal, the next night.
"Sky Galley" Wilmer Ave, Lunken Airport. This informal, super frendly, family restaurant hosted 6 of us on a Sunday night, including 8 year old twins. They prepared their"world famous"( I'm not sure) Chicken livers which I believe are some of the best in the area, without salt, at my request. My accompaniment was a very good baked potato and a large helping of virtue. A fine meal but somewhat restricted, at my desire. Marilyn had a Mushroom Swiss burger, which she reported was just fine.
Lastly, Monday night, 9/26, was "Bonefish Grill", Madison and Edwards Road 513-321-5222. Marilyn's usual is the Parmesan Crusted Trout and she did not deviate. I started with the Iceberg Wedge with sliced tomato's, and by design, the Bleu Cheese crumbles on the side, and NO Bacon, Italian or otherwise, please. I followed with an order of Ahi Tuna Sashami, not seasoned in the kitchen, but served on a bed of greens with the usual thin sliced Ginger and Wasabi. The meal was satisfying, if not a taste treat, but the Blood Pressure is staying controlled, and that is the whole point.

We'll see what happens next; either reports only on outstanding, like "Nectar" or a relaxation of the guidelines as I become more realistic. End of the "Organ Recital"

No comments: