Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Let's get caught up

I'm not sure how far I'll get before some other duty calls but I'll bring the postings somewhat up to date. There have not been a lot of memorable eating experiences although there have been quite a number of meals out, and in most instances they have decent or above.
"Cumin" 3520 Erie Ave. 45208 (513) 871-8714 remains good, as always. It's one of many where we have become well know. I started with a String bean salad, served over a bed of mixed greens with vinaigrette, on the side, while Marilyn's opening dish was a creamy beer cheese soup, unusual for her. It was flavorful and served at exactly the right temperature( yes, I tasted). We both had a homemade Pasta, wide noodles, and a somewhat spicy tomato sauce, which included red and yellow grape tomato halves and a taste of sauteed, either, spinach or kale. A fine vegetarian dish not on the regular menu.
On Saturday we picked up a cousin at the airport and stopped for lunch at the "Hitching Post" Edwards and Madison Roads in Hyde Park. Good chain for fried chicken which the three of us had plus a side of cole slaw. That evening 5 of us went to the "old standby" "Otto's" 521 Main St. Covington, KY 41016( doubt that ZIP Codes are necessary, who writes a letter unless they are complaining), phone 859-491-6678. No explanation or description necessary. The mandatory Fried Green Tomato's( outstanding) came for the table. I had another pasta in tomato sauce but this one included excellently done scollop's, a very nice addition. Marilyn had her usual Tilapia, which they do exceedingly well and we split an iceberg wedge which comes with bacon bits, blue cheese crumbles and a rich house vinaigrette, a bit repetitious from the night before.
The next night we were guests at "Knotty Pine on the Bayou" Kentucky route 915. Remote New Orleans type restaurant and Bar( mostly Cajun). I gravitate to the Grouper, which Marilyn does as well. It's one of their best dishes, if your ducking fried and spicy, in our opinion. My side, beside a very nice chilled salad, was a cup of Etouffee, a new experience for me as a side but better in my opinion that what is normally offered.
Just got a computer signal, which I don't understand, that this may fail and so I'll stop and continue at a later date. Don't want to drop too many pearls.

No comments: