Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm Back

It's an old joke about repeat visits and probably correct for this entree. Last week we ate out 3 times, in the Cincinnati area, and home as many. Our own cooking is always top rung, my prejudice, personal opinion.
Tuesday night we were at "Greyhound Tavern" for there Monday and Tuesday "Special", family style fried chicken with all the sides. Wednesday night it was "Jeff Ruby's" downtown. Three of the four of us had fish rather than steak. The highlight was "Potato's Heldman", a very thin potatoes Anna, fried extremely crisp. A little too salty for me but I imagine they can be ordered without any salt. There was some confusion over the bill, but other than that it was a pleasant, if noisy evening. Thursday it was "Bonefish Grill" where I am usually very satisfied, that night was no different. I ordered the Cobb Salad with Shrimp substituted for "jerk" chicken. It was delicious. The ladies were not as fortunate as they thought their meals were too spicy and could not eat them, as presented. Our waitress and the floor Manager handled this very well, substituting and making a billing adjustment, which sent everyone home happy. The warm Maccidamian Nut Brownie, which we split for dessert, didn't hurt the mood.
I write often about hospitality vs service and this was a good case in point.

No comments: