Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fish/Seafood

Whenever the pot I carry around my waist gets burdensome I think first of diet and way second about exercise. So for the last few days I have been concentrating on eating fish, or some other seafood, when we have gone out for dinner.
Wednesday night we were at "Bonefish Grill" and I chose the large portion of seared Ahi Tuna. The fish is rolled in sesame seed and then slightly grilled so that the inside is almost raw and only a slight shell is fully cooked. It is served with Washabi and sliced ginger and is plenty, especially if the idea is to control calories.
Thursday was pan seared Grooper at "Knotty Pine on the Bayou". I think their Grooper is the best around. Beautifully seasoned and always juicy. It's hard to pass up although I do like their Frogs Legs, Oysters and Etouffee. Marilyn had the same main course which she asked be prepared with less spice. It was still delicious.
Friday, for comparison, I had Grooper at "Prima Vista", one of our favorites. Unfortunately it pailed by comparison. While Knotty serves a half fillet, Prima served one small thick strip, to me overcooked. I wont abandon a favorite haunt over one dish but I told the owner to take his Chef and buy him the Grooper at Knotty Pine.
Last night it was back to "Bonefish Grill" where I had a new menu item. Bang Bang Shrimp Taco is an expansion of the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. There are two soft taco shells full of medium sized shrimp with shredded lettuce and tomato chunks all topped with a spicy thinned mayo sauce.
The two tacos plus the garnish of homemade potato chips( no help on loosing wait) make a wonderful and filling main course. I like their house salad and so that completed my pleasant meal.
The scale report is neutral but I feel better about myself. Self delusion.

No comments: