Thursday, December 20, 2007

More Finger Foods

I just finished making my Christmas Herring, actually "doctoring" is more accurate. I buy a large jar of herring, 32 ounces, in wine sauce, at Costco, and pour off most of the juice. I add a few liquid ingredients, and then "Granny Smith Apple, Fresh Lemon,sliced very thin, Sweet raw onion and sour cream till I get the consistency I want. Next comes a couple of dry ingredients and "wallah" a Christmas present for our Priest friend's Mother and others. Did you think I was going to give you a receipt? Experiment.

Yesterday we may have started a Holiday tradition. Marilyn and I, and another family, had a wonderful, relaxing, elegant lunch at Pigall's. After a bottle of Chardonnay and an "amuse bushe" we each had an appetizer course and an entree. Several of us started with a smoked salmon tarter, served in a room temperature crape, while the others has lobster ravioli or pumpkin soup. I followed with Sea Scallops while Marilyn chose a Beef Fillet, The others had roast chicken and Sea Bass. The lunches, two courses run from $30 to $40 each. Wine and a 20% gratuity are extra, but what a delight full interlude.

No comments: