Sunday, June 24, 2007

More lunches

I may be the "Kiss of Death". After mentioning Chez T Cuisine they switched to strictly catering from serving customers in the restaurant in Mt. Lookout.
This week for social or business occasions I had meals at the following three spots:

Jean-Robert's Greenup Cafe. located at 308 Greenup St., Covington, KY, phone 859-261-1304.
It is in an old, brick, free standing, several story town house. Several steps to negotiate, unless there is an entrance that is not obvious. I have eaten there several times and found the front room, where we have been seated very noisy. It seems to take only one or two tables to make a general din.
The menu leans on the French. One day I had a charcuterie sandwich and another time Brie and avocado on a croissant with a rather heavy, homemade mayonnaise. Of course, these were my choices.
Prices run from around $7 to $15.

The Greyhound Tavern; We are much more likely to end up there with a group on Monday or Tuesday night for a "family style" fried Chicken dinner. Much more about that some other time.
Greyhound is located at 2500 Dixie Hwy., Fort Mitchell, Ky 41017, phone 859-331-3767.
The lunch menu is extensive plus there are also specials. Soups, salads, sandwiches, plated items and speciality. Prices are reasonable, $6 to $9, and there is full bar service, if this is of interest. The entrance is at ground level and there is plenty of parking. Greyhound is quiet enough to have a conversation for two or a larger group and it is not too crowded, especially if you get there before noon.

J.Alexander's in the Rookwood Shopping Center, 2629 Edmonson Road, Cincinnati, OH 45209, phone 513-531-7495. Another chain restaurant, that does a good job. Handicapped Accessible , to all areas, and with full bar service. A large varied menu running from burgers to upper end specials. Large portions, which can easily be split, and to my way of thinking some of the best French Fries around. I know, not good for us but awfully tasty. They are open for lunch, dinner and after a mid-evening movie. I have always found the service very well handled and the Management quite accommodating. On the last visit I asked for my usual "Bombay on the rocks with onions" The server said they were out of onions but a Manager was going to Kroger's to get some. they arrived about 15 minutes later. I was embarrassed but not so much that I didn't add them to my drink.

No comments: