Sunday, July 8, 2007

Finger Food

A coupe of short comments:
Otto's, one of our favorites has tweaked their menu. Among the additions are a delicious Shrimp and Grits, with some fresh mushrooms and tomatoes. A little "zing" but in no way overpowering. Try it with the Iceberg Wedge for a pleasent dinner.

Some friends wanted to go to "Chicken on the Run" in Deer Park, so we obliged. I may have been there once before with some construction industry friends. It is the kind of place that I usually classify as worth two visits;"a first and a last".
It's not bad, but I'm not drawn to neighborhood bars with game rooms and standard food. Regulars come to visit and play cards while their children run around and play electronic games. If you go I suggest the Turkey Club salad which was fresh and sufficient. There is also plenty of beer.
To me it is a level below Zips and the Oakley Pub, but then they are in my neighborhood.

No comments: